In the spirit of my first time participating in the ICLW I thought I would throw out some random facts about me. I am making this up as we go so watch out! (I am giving factual answers, I just have no idea what I'm going to say!) If you want our official background in quick nitty gritty form then click Here!
1) I am named after my grandmother and my aunt. My sisters all got really cool Gaelic names, still bitter about that. My husband came up with my favorite nickname for me years before we were a couple and it's my alter ego.
2) When I was two and my sister was one day old, I squatted and peed on her face.
3) I recently (last Nov.) broke the first bone ever broken in my body.
4) My top 5 favorite foods in no particular order are: Avocados, cheese, chocolate, pesto, orange cherry tomatoes.
5) According to my blood type, A+, I should eat a vegetarian diet and what do you know? I AM a vegetarian already! Been one since I was 18 so it's been...14 years!
6) I have only been to 10 states. Technically I had layovers in NJ and GA but that probably shouldn't count.
7) I have been to 10 European countries. And I have been to Canada. I actually grew up so close the boarder my husband calls my hometown Canada.
8) I am a total dog person, OBSESSED with Pit bulls. At some point in my life (hopefully not too long from now) I will be a Pit bull foster parent and be more involved in Pit bull rescue and adoption. Right now I have a 10.5 yr old Pit/Aussie shepherd mix and a yr old Pit bull. They are incredibly spoiled.
9) Lost my virginity at 16 and did not use a condom....so dumb. Thank god I don't have stds.
10) I really do love to read but I am so lazy about it. I tend to go through phases of being sucked into a book or a series and then not picking one up for months.
11) I love physical activity. I am a dancer, have been my whole life. I went to college for dance and continue to perform. I became a Pilates instructor in 2008 and love doing/teaching Pilates. I took up running several years ago and although it sucked balls for months and months, I now love it and wish fucking IF didn't fuck with my regular running routine. I love swimming and wish I could do it more often. I taught myself all the strokes and got really good at side breathing...I was super proud of myself. I walk my dogs everyday. I love going to hot yoga! It is the most miserable experience and I love it. I really want to learn how to paddle board...I think I would be great at the balance aspect of it.
12) I also love to be lazy and not do shit all day long. But then it makes me depressed because I feel like I "wasted" my time by not taking full advantage of my day off.
13) Although I think I eat a very healthy diet compared to the majority of Americans, I LOVE fatty, creamy, sugary, salty, carby foods and constantly have to keep myself in check...or not.
14) In addition to being a wine/cocktail lover, I also smoke weed. Now before you get all Judgy McJudgerson on me, first let me say that I truly believe that it's no different from drinking alcohol. I was upfront and honest with our RE and she wasn't concerned. She said there is no data about marijuana use in women and a connection to IF. Just like alcohol she said to limit it when I can. Just like my nightly glass of wine (or two) I use it to help me decompress from my day and it tames my crazy bitch beast that lurks to get out from time to time. Everything in moderation is my motto. It is also legal where I live. Thank god! Also, just for the record I have quit said alcohol and marijuana to get more serious about the prospect of IVF. I want to be totally sober for at least 3 months before egg retrieval if that is indeed where we are headed. Now you can judge me.
15) I love to shop. Clothes and shoes mostly but also jewelery or accessories. I also love to grocery shop. I think I just really enjoy spending money that I don't have.
16) I have been accused of tail gating people when I drive although I dispute this wholeheartedly.
17) I have 7 piercings but no tattoos.
18) My husband proposed to me on top of the Empire State Building. It sounds so cheesy but it was 1am and the place was empty, no one was there. We were tipsy and it was simple and romantic. I cried.
19) I am 100% agnostic and 99% atheist. My husband is 1,000% atheist. With a passion. I believe in ghosts so I have to acknowledge there may be some sort of afterlife? Lapse of time? I like to think I am a spiritual person but really I am full of shit. I don't think there is a higher power sitting up in the heavens helping to guide me through this life. I think I am just a pile of cells shuffling around a bunch of other piles of cells. I don't think things happen for a reason. I think you can find reasons out of accidents.
20) I am 32 and my husband is 33. We have been TTC for about 36 failed cycles. Never seen a BFP...ever.
21) Elliot Smith might be my favorite musician. I also love Bob Dylan, Fleet Foxes, Queen, Alicia Keys, Rolling Stones, Selda and a shit ton more.
22) Breakfast is my least favorite meal. Give me a croissant or maple bar at 10:30 and I'm happy.
23) As much of a cliche as it may sound, the best vacation my husband and I have been on was to Maui, Hawaii. It was AMAZING! Want to go back so badly.
24) I am the oldest of five girls. My sisters are all taller than me. When I am an old lady I will probably be 4"8'. No joke.
25) I played the flute pretty seriously until I was 16. I quit to focus more on my dancing. I regret not keeping up with it on my own and really want to buy a flute and start taking lessons again. I loved being a musician and especially playing in a symphony!
Okay, I think that's good enough for now. Hope that gives you more of an idea about who I am!