Monday, October 28, 2013

IUI #6...maybe the last one?

On saturday I had my ultrasound to count follicles and check the sizes and lining of my uterus.  Lining looked good and she counted 8 follicles over the 15 mark (.15?)!!!  I usually have around three.  It was also only CD13 so having that many already that big was a little early.  Usually on CD12 or CD13 I still have a couple more days of POAS and waiting for a happy face on the OPK.

The nurse asked if I had already signed the risk of multiples release form (yes, I did several IUIs back) and said she needed to discuss with the Dr. on call to determine how to proceed.  She basically needed permission to go ahead with the trigger shot and IUI because I had so many mature follicles.

I got dressed and waited in the small waiting room in the back.  The nurse came out and said the Dr. knew I signed the form but they really needed to reiterate the high risk of multiples with this cycle.  She emphasized it could result in not just twins but triplets or worse more.  She asked me if I wanted to proceed.  I said "yes, let's do it!"   I figure I had 5 other IUIs that could have resulted in multiples and I never even got a BFP.  Why should this one be any different?  I just want to do this IUI (and possibly one more) and be done with them.  We will be thrilled for a BFP and even more excited if it is twins!  If its more than that I will be scared shirtless but at least I'll be pregnant, right?  And if I end up being octomom then we will just star in our own reality television show and we'll deal.

So after getting the trigger shot on Sat I had the IUI yesterday and it was all smooth and routine.  I was secretly happy that I got to sleep til 10am whilst my poor honey had to get up at the ass crack of dawn to drive to the clinic and jerk it...doesn't make up for half the shit I've had to put my body through but I'll take it.

I skipped a two hr dance class I had already paid for and I also decided not to go for my 4 mile run.  I made B walk the dogs and tried to take it easy the rest of the day...you know, besides doing 17 loads of laundry and sweeping, mopping and dusting my entire house.  I also drank a couple cups of raspberry leaf tea...because you know that totally works right?! *sarcasm*  I was also a good girl and did not drink any wine and refrained from the siren's call from Mary Jane.  I'm so disciplined and virtuous...like a monk.

I am sure this is nothing and I'm just grasping at imaginary phantom signs or its just the fact that I had a speculum inserted into my vag canal and a catheter poking through my cervix (and a penis poking around in there later that night) or the fact that I have 8 juicy follicles that are being forced to release eggs....but I have been feeling little twinges in the ol' uterus/ovary area since yesterday through to this am.  Again, sure its nothing but if it continues I will start to get my hopes up.  Maybe, just maybe some of those 8 little eggs decide to fucking fertilize already!  Now we begin the TWW.

Ps.  I forced my husband to don a lollipop kid costume on Sat night so we could attend my friend's Wizard of OZ themed Halloween party.  He threw a tantrum about it and I was pretty sure we were going to get divorced but he sucked it up and we were a hit!

I look a little awkward and you cant really see my hair sticking up but that's the gist of it!

24 comments:

  1. This TWW is going to be torture for me. I mean, you. ; ) I CAN'T WAIT!! FX!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :). Thank you! It won't be torture for me cause I just expect a BFN and don't get my hopes up. But I hope you are right!

      Delete
  2. I will quite those siren calls for you.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FX that THIS is IT! Who really wants to go through IVF anyways?!! I am crossing everything I have for you!!!! -

      Delete
    2. Heh, thanks friend...knew I could count on you! ;) it would be AMAZING to avoid IVF.

      Delete
  3. GREAT costumes! I'm impressed. I could never get Eric into a getup like that.

    Oh, and good luck!! Everything is crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I obviously worked harder on mine and he was in denial that I was really going to make him do it so his is thrown together at the last minute.....but I won!

      Delete
  4. I am sending you good vibes! 8 follies... Wow! The photo is so cute of you two :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the costumes! Good luck staying calm during the TWW. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2WW isn't bad for me. I always assume that it's a BFN and I am always right. Debbie Downer? Yes. But it saves me from two weeks of constant worry and then crushing disappointment later.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE those costumes! What was your husband complaining about, he looks adorable (which is exactly what every man wants to hear, right?)

    I hope hope hope this is the one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously love how blunt and honest you are. I hope that one or two follies make this cycle happen for you. If all 8 happen then I think you would make a LOT of money as a reality star. You are hilarious! Maybe the pic of you guys as lollipop kids could be used in the intro. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chica! Now a week into my 2WW I am already predicting yet another BFN so hopefully we wont have to worry about the reality tv show...really don't think I could live like that anyway!

      Delete
  8. I hope this IUI brings you your BFP!! I will be sending you tons of good vibes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that if you can do 2 IVFs and not get a BFP and then turn around and do an IUI that gets you a BFP (WTF??) then I actually have a little seed of hope that maybe it can happen for me too!

      Delete
  9. Love your sarcasm :-) And you guys look super cute in your costumes :-) Keeping everything crossed for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heyo....we are on the verge of our sixth IUI. I keep holding off on starting this last cycle because when this one is done, and if it doesn't result in babe...well we're fucked. We have 6 IUIs covered by insurance and after that it's trying on our own, or every-cent-out-of-pocket IVF. And we are no where close to affording that. Hoping #6 is what gets us both pregnant and not pissed anymore.

    ReplyDelete